November 2, 2010

Be Sad

I'm sad.  An insulted, tired, dissappointed, disillusioned, slightly-despairing-kind-of-sad.

It's ok to be sad.

But when you're sad, there's some important things you must do.  You must breathe.  You must drink your favorite beverage.  You must wear your favorite shoes.  You must learn from those you admire most.  You must protect yourself.  You must give someone a hug.  You must squeeze someone special's hand.  You must pray.  You must believe that you won't always be sad.

Maybe you don't have to do those specific things.  But you must have your own "Things To Do When You Are Sad" list. 

That's mine, and I did a pretty good job of doing all those things today.

3 comments:

Michelle said...

I'm a little sad myself this evening. I want some Yoo-Hoo. That's not really my favorite beverage, but I think it used to be. Fake chocolate milk just seems to be the solution sometimes.

Hope you're ok little darling. If it makes you feel any better... I think my "Dead Housewife" picture is fixed AND we will have 3 pairs of handcuffs by Thursday.

Never Too Busy said...

I spend time with one of my best friends like I did yesterday, or I watch a silly movie, preferably Steve Martin.

Samantha said...

This is great advice. I don't get sad often, but when I do I never know how to handle myself. Now I know to make a list. Thank you, and I hope you're feeling like yourself again soon.