November 22, 2010

Day Sixteen: Disney Princess

From the Thirty Day Challenge: Your favourite Disney princess movie.

Me at Magic Kingdom in 2007
Cinderella. :-)  I had it on VHS and I watched it over, and over, and over....and over again when I was toddler and elementary school age.  I also had a large, full-colour, hard backed story book published by Disney that had pictures from the movie that I would feast my eyes on late at night.  I still occasionally like to buy Cinderella memorabilia.

My love for the Cinderella story goes much deeper than I will admit in casual conversation.  When I was 20 years old I took my first trip to Disney World in Orlando, Florida.  The thing I was excited for most was to see the "Cinderella castle".  I finally arrived at Magic Kingdom, walked through the entrance tunnels and up onto Main St., and there it was.  Big as life, beautiful as a perfect fairy tale, and bathed in sunshine.  No lie ladies and gentleman: tears filled my eyes.  I was overwhelmed with excitement and nostalgia!  And was very thankful for the large sunglasses covering my face at that moment.   I also got to see the fireworks show they put on using the castle as the feature, and it's not an exaggeration to say that it was a magical experience.

1 comment:

Michelle said...

Oh man I definitely wailed when the fireworks went off at Cinderella's Castle too! I was 18 on a school trip and that was my first time there. I've never been with my family... but somehow my Nana, Aunt, Uncle, and Cousins were visiting Disney World at the same time and we got to meet up for dinner!