November 20, 2010

Day Fourteen: Siblings

From the Thirty Day Challenge: Do you have siblings?  Talk about them, or talk about what it's like to be an only child.

I have a sibling!  For six years I was an only child, and didn't really want to be.  I was old enough to remember when my mom had a miscarriage, so imagine how happy we all were when she was finally pregnant and healthy!   

For 18 years my brother Josh has blessed my life.  Our family went through a really rough patch for the first five years of his life, but then things settled down and we all got very close.  In the past five years or so he has reached that stage where sometimes we can be friends and not just siblings. He has a huge heart for people and is very talented.  I could go on for awhile about my brother, but I'll just simply say he's one of the most important people in my life.

3 comments:

Michelle said...

Awwww little brother. He is a talented buck... and we all can't wait to get our DVD's from him!!

I V Y said...

siblings! love my sister! :) great post.

Samantha said...

Very touching. It's so special how close you two are. I feel the same way about my little brother who is 5 years younger than me. Do you ever wonder if you had a sister instead how different that would be?