November 29, 2010

Catch Them If You Can

Recently my thoughts and actions feel like a rubber bouncy ball- as soon as they land on one thing, they're shooting off into something else.  I can't stay focused when I start a task, if I even start in the first place.  I feel dismayed and unproductive.

I shouldn't even be blogging right now.  I have a combined total of six monologues and scenes to prepare and/or memorize for various up-coming projects, and I need to brush up on a song for auditions next week.  I need to sort through and price a bunch of my things for the Lemon.  I have math homework (always).  My room isn't perfectly cleaned-out and or organized yet.  I need to spend more time with my family.

Maybe I'll feel better if give myself a little credit.  I finished a very large extra credit packet for math over break.  I reorganized my closet.  I'm almost done a spreadsheet of editor votes for the literary magazine.  I finished all the tasks I promised to do in preparation for the Alpha Rho Psi induction.  I finished reading a book.  I promised myself I would stay better updated on current events, so I've been downloading podcasts from BBC News and NPR and listening to them everyday.

So, I just need to take my inch of progress and go the mile!

2 comments:

Niki said...

Sounds like you actually accomplished a lot; be proud.

Yelena said...

Wow. you have accomplished a lot! :) good job! :) I like the idea of downloading podcasts to stay current on news.. may have to try that!