November 26, 2010

Giving Thanks For Break!

It's day three of Thanksgiving break, and I'm so content and relaxed!   Today and tomorrow were supposed to be my "homework days" and I've gotten some math done, but I keep getting distracted.  At least it's with productive things I distract myself!  This week I've been giving my room an over-haul.  On Wednesday Boyfriend helped me move furniture, hang pictures, and motivated me to throw out or give away lots of things.  Since then I've been going through corners and boxes a bit at a time, facing the fact that I have a lot of things that were once important and now..aren't.   It's a cleansing feeling.  It's also given me a lot of gift items I can resell at the Lemon.

On Thursday I had a really nice holiday.  Prof Carl and his wife hosted Boyfriend, I, and another student at their house for a lovely turkey dinner.   They are incredible people and were fun hosts!  We had a great time of eating, playing music (we had guitar, autoharp, mandolin, and more going on!, and getting to know their awesome kids.  I truly didn't want to leave.

I'm excited that my holiday season is off to a great start.  I'm determined to enjoy Christmas this year, and exude holiday spirit by being a loving, grateful, and joyful person.  Please be patient with me when I fail, and celebrate with me as I grow.  :-)

2 comments:

Michelle said...

Your Thanksgiving sounds like it RULED!

Laura Darling said...

Sounds like a fun Thanksgiving!