November 16, 2010

From Thespian to Thrifter

"Anarchist" is wrapped (that'll get its own entry).  My birthday has come and gone (that'll get its own mention too).  Here I sit at work on a rainy Tuesday, back in my normal routine, and I'm surprisingly quite content.

I need the work hours so badly.  Thanks to rehearsals, my forthcoming paycheck is horrifyingly small.  I also need to study my butt off for the remainder of the semester, otherwise that math final is going to sneak up and ruin my life. (Actually, ruin my current college career.  So basically the same thing.  No joke.)

Yesterday I spent some time with Michelle working and thrifting.  I'm now sort of an adjunct employee of Lemon Meringue Thrift and Gift...we have a flexible arrangement that allows me to sell items and get free stuff in exchange for helping with pick-ups or organizing the store.  Honestly, at first touching and cleaning other people's used items grossed me out, but upon reflection I think I'll gain an appreciation for it.  Especially since it means having a new hobby, a little extra income, and time with one of my best friends.  Already I made $30 off an old electric keyboard, and picked up some clothes and a bureau organizer!  I'm currently sitting at work in a cute and comfy sweater dress I picked out from the Lemon clothing rack.

I'm getting back into reading and commenting on your blogs.  Is anyone else interested in participating in the Thirty Day Challenge with me?

4 comments:

Leeann @ Join the Gossip said...

I've never really shopped at a thrift shop. I know I am missing out. I need to get to it!

Yelena said...

The thrifting opportunity sounds absolutely amazing!!! :)
glad to hear your schedule is back on track. mine will be after thanksgiving, have a huge school project that's been cutting into my studying time and work hours, so I get where you're coming from :)

Samantha said...

I want to do the 30 day challange!

Michelle said...

I finally got a chance to look at your post and I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE the *click picture for info* Lemon shout-out!