November 19, 2010

A Birthday With Theatre and Friends

Sorry that I'm a little behind updating about this!  Last week was my birthday (11-11, baby!) and everyone around me made it a great day!

"Anarchist" had a matinee that day, and everyone thanked me for coming to school on my birthday for the show (but honestly...where else would I be?  When I work on a show, it's my life!)  When I walked into the dressing room that morning I was greeted by a chorus of "Happy Birthday" sung by my beautiful cast, and the large mirror covered in "Happy Birthday Debbie" written in pink and purple marker.  Nathan D. gave me a "birthday Dr Pepper" and Boyfriend made me coffee and gave me presents (a gorgeous black jacket from Aeropostale that I badly wanted and have been wearing almost every day since).  The show that day was good...Carl said they had to do me proud on my birthday. :-p :-)


I left after the show to get ready for the evening.  I was picked up by Boyfriend and taken to Unos where several of my friends had been invited to join us for dinner!  Most of my closest friends were there, and I got to reunite with some "Perfume Counter" people.  Their presents were so thoughtful!  Niki had made me earrings (which I wore on closing night later that weekend) and Michelle gave me a beautiful perfume-themed box that I can fill with all my theatre memories.


My phone was filled with birthday texts and wishes via Facebook all day.  I came home to flowers in my room from my family.  I felt healthy and happy and got to wear exactly what I wanted and do what I wanted without being in pain or worrying about how I looked.  I got lots of other presents not mentioned here, all of which were thoughtful and suited to my tastes.  A day lived with a healthy body and filled with friends, theatre, good food, exciting gifts, pretty clothes, laughter, coffee, and love is a perfect day in my opinion!  Thank you to every one of you who made it possible. :-*


2 comments:

Michelle said...

So glad you had a wonderful birthday!! It was filled with pretty clothes and gifts... but my food was funky!

Samantha said...

Great Pics, looks like had a lot of fun!