November 9, 2010

Day Three: Favourite TV Show

From the Thirty Day Challenge: Your favourite television program.

Most of the "television" I watch is on hulu.com.  There are several shows that I enjoy watching both currently, in syndication, or on DVD.  Gilmore Girls rates pretty high on the favourites list (Boyfriend and I are currently trying to get through season 2). 

But my all-time favourite show, for its acting, its writing, its longevity, etc, is M*A*S*H.  My parents watched it and I came to have an admiration for it as well.  Alan Alda is a genius (he not only acted in every episode but wrote many of them as well).  The show (in case someone doesn't know) is set in Korea during the war and is about the staff of a Mobile Army Sugical Hospital and their patients.  It's a dark comedy and has probably made me laugh out loud and cry more than any other program I've ever watched.  I could say more, but most people already know about this classic, and if you don't it's worth checking out!

2 comments:

Niki said...

That show was awesome.
I remember watching the last episode with my parents.

Michelle said...

M*A*S*H was my dad's fave show... but I never ever watched it with him because the theme song drove me crazy when he would watch 8 episodes in a row. I really should give it a chance sometime.