October 30, 2010

My Halloween Costume!

When Jeff and Joel came to visit me a couple weeks back we hit up Killer Trash, a great vintage thrift store downtown in Fells Point.  My treasure of the day was a Vietnam-era army-issue shirt.  It fit perfectly, Jeff insisted I buy it, and I was delighted to own such an unusual item.  I then decided to make a costume out of it!





















Shirt: bought at Killer Trash
Green cap and dog tags: borrowed from Boyfriend
Black belt, black tights, and brown boots: Mine

I'm also wearing little skull earrings and my Phi Theta Kappa "Chapter Officer" medal (thought it was a humorous touch :-p)

In the first picture I'm wearing the outfit at the Phi Theta Kappa costume and game night at school, and in the second pic I'm wearing it at my brother's gig for an open mic night (both events in the same evening, whew!)  I received several compliments on how cute I looked, and one person dubbed me "G.I. Jane".  I plan on wearing it again tomorrow when I go out with Boyfriend and the Lemon Meringue ladies!  (Tomorrow I need to get a pic of me saluting while wearing it. :-p)

1 comment:

Samantha said...

I just love it. Great find!