October 2, 2010

"where me and things go together"

I have exciting new jewelry!

I take great delight in my ring collection.  I rarely buy rings, but when I do they must fit perfectly and they must be distinctive or meaningful to me.  Yesterday on a jaunt up to Pennsylvania I visited a vendor in an Amish market for overstocksilver.com.  I fell in love with so many of their affordable and lovely replica designer pieces, and settled on two Tiffany's-inspired rings:

click picture for source















click for source


The first ring is of course a homage my darling muse, Holly Golighty (plus I've been wanting a big ring for awhile, and on my little hand this piece makes a statement!  The second ring immediately struck me as distinctive.  In Japanese culture the dragonfly is a symbol of happiness, strength and courage.  I had recently been wearing a thumb band with the word "courage" on it, but the poor quality of the ring was starting to become obvious.  Now I have a new reminder of courage to shine on my walk through life. :-)


To top off the glamour, here's a photo that my brother took of me yesterday.  I like it. :-)


*blog title taken from a line in "Breakfast At Tiffany's"

3 comments:

Never Too Busy said...

I like the fact that you have a "i like pretty things" tag :-)

Michelle said...

On my way to the flea market early, early yesterday I turned on the radio to hear that 90's hit- "Well I said what about "Breakfast at Tiffany's" ? She said I think I remember the film! And as I recall I think we both kind of liked it."

Remember that song?

Yelena said...

I love that first one. :)