June 19, 2010

Yummy Discoveries!

A few recent items on the Debbie's Safe Foods list:

Chex Brand has a line of gluten-free breakfast cereals.  I just had a bowl of the cinnamon flavour, and my family and I really like the honey nut flavour.

I'm obsessed with almond milk!  I can't get enough of vanilla-flavoured Almond Breeze milk

These animal crackers made by Kinnikinnick have no dairy, gluten, or nut content.  They are sooooo light and sweet tasting!


I'm looking forward to eating some of these waffles either for a bedtime snack or for breakfast...so exciting to find a line of breakfast foods that I can eat!

I am so relieved to not be deprived of sweet treats that are both healthy and filling!  Shopping so conscientiously and altering my diet is really making a positive impact on my life...six months ago did not see me constantly snacking on foods such as carrots or peaches, or reading every food label within reach.  Reading Shauna's blog post about her accidently consuming a bit of gluten has made me a little paranoid about how I will cope with this (if necessary) for the rest of my life.  I'm thankful so many gluten-free products are on the market, and so much helpful knowledge available.

The blood work results concerning my thyroid health and also determing whether I have the Celiac's autoimmune disorder will hopefully be available this coming week.  And my skin is healing up due to proper medication that was finally prescribed...I braved the summery world in skirts and flip flops the past few days. :-) I just keep burying the fear I will have another flare-up.

[P.S.  An unrelated thanks goes to Aury for the shout-out on her recent blog awards!]

No comments: