June 5, 2010

A Mercedes and Press-On Nails

I've finally accepted that romantic comedies (or romantic movies in general) have two main characteristics (This may already be a no-brainer for some of you).  They A) Promote stalking and B) Provide wildly unrealistic scenarios of how to meet your soul mate.

This morning I watched "Jersey Girl" starring Jami Hertz and Dylan McDermott.  It was a cute movie, but seriously; they were brought together by two car crashes, lots of stalking, and...a goldfish.

I'm not sorry I watched it.  I'm just sayin'.  This stuff isn't what life is made of.

5 comments:

Yelena said...

I haven't seen this movie, but I'll try to check it out sometime :)
and i so agree with your analysis of romantic comedies and their characters! :)
xo.
PS; I got your email last night!
I will reply today :)

Yelena said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
J.Ashley said...

Finally I am not the only one who thinks that mostly all romantic movies..have an unrealistic thought people can possablity meet each other and fall in love..but I guess anything is possible right?

Never Too Busy said...

I'm gonna say what I always say when you shatter my world views. NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! You mean romantic comedies aren't true to life? *sadface* :-P

Frannie said...

HAHAHA soo TRUE!!!