June 24, 2010

Scripts, Skirts, and Sunshine

I've been wandering sleepily around the house with my pretty little red iPod jacked up in my ears, listening to the artist I fondly refer to as Mr. Sex Voice.  Oh Michael Buble, I love you madly (but only for your vocal chords.  I have Boyfriend for everything else. :-)


The past few days have been incredibly enjoyable.  The effects of the gluten eaten on Monday pretty much dissipated by Wednesday.  Tuesday I was kind of sleepy and depressed.  After work Nathan picked me up and we took a Home Depot excursion where he bought manly toys for himself and a pink key chain for me!   That evening I made a super yummy chicken and rice dinner, and we spent the evening cuddling and watching TV, which for the mood I was in, was a perfect way to end our day.  On Wednesday I met up with Tim (friend/fellow actor/my Irene Ryan competition partner), and we took a trip to a local mall to drink coffee and research script options.  We also walked the length of the mall at least three times, talking non-stop of philosophy and theology and school and astrology and acting.  I love conversations that stretch your brain and horizons, and seem to blend seamlessly from one topic to another.  That evening was a trip with Mom for some wearable summer clothes for me (more on that below).  Today I went to campus to catch up with Professor Carl and also borrow more scripts (also a book on Bertol Brecht that looks daunting but useful).  Around noon, I met up with an out-of-town friend.  Last January at the theatre festival I attended I met a friendly girl from Ohio whom I have kept in touch with.  She's on vacation out here this week, so we had lunch together today in Old Ellicott City and did a lot of window shopping, chatting, and picture taking.  It was nice to see how much she liked Old EC because I think it's a wonderful place!

One major event I left out was a conversation on Wednesday with my doctor.  My blood work came back finally, and it's not showing positive for either thyroid problems or Celiac Disease!!  On one hand, I was so incredibly relieved to not have CD that I felt like shaking and crying.  Yet we're still left with questions and a problem on our hands.  My sensitivity to gluten is testing so extremely high that it's almost as if my body is mimicking CD.  I definitely do have dermatitis herpetiformis, and have to determine why and how to stop it.  So keep praying, but also start praising.  :-) 

That's been my week thus far.  I share all of that to show how much I'm improving and how grateful I am for your prayers and support.  I feel happy.  I feel pretty.  I feel like I'm finally enjoying my summer.  I'm learning and living in so many ways. 

One quick note about shopping- I have a new obsession with scarves!  My skin is pretty healed up except for my legs, so the past few days have seen me rocking pants, tank tops, cute scarves and jewelry, and flip-flops.  Mom and I picked out two long, very light-weight dresses, a few cotton tops, and also are searching for ankle-length skirts.  I'm walking a mental line lately between accepting that my body isn't perfect and yet hiding enough to not be embarrassed, and it's working out pretty well!


Happy weekend! <3

3 comments:

Never Too Busy said...

ooOOOooo! The hotness!! Hee hee hee.

J.Ashley said...

YAY for the negative CD results... and I love scarves as well..Doesn't feel good to go shopping at times? Have a good weekend

Yelena said...

awee :) this post made me happy! :) im so glad to hear you're feeling better and got some sort of positive results back from your doctor! :)
and the shopping - im so excited you're feeling more confident, more pretty :) it sounds like you found some great items :) im excited for you :)
xo.