June 15, 2010

In A Decade

Twice in one week I received a blog award! :-D  And twice in one week Yelena gets plugged on my blog because she is the one who bestowed this particular award on me!  For "You're Going Places Baby" you share where you see yourself in ten years, and then pass the award onto ten bloggers.

In ten years I will be 33 years old (wow, that sounds kind of scary).  I can't predict what I will be doing in ten years, but here is where my heart longs for me to be:

Since I'm currently a theatre major, I hope a decade from now I will have all sorts of lovely hoity-toity acting degrees (the distant dream is a M.F.A).  I would like to be established in the local theatre circuit, and be performing regularly at the local big names like Everymans and Centerstage.   I want to have traveled to New York several times (ideally, go to a four-year school or some sort of acting program up there) and auditioned for and been in Broadway shows.  I want use theatre to touch lives and entertain sick children, families, or the rich and famous...to enrich a community with the arts...for anyone who wants to enjoy a story enfolding before their eyes, I want to gift it to them.

In ten years, I will be physically healthy.  I will no longer struggle with sleeplessness, peeling skin, and random nausea.  I will have a handle on living with Celiac Disease (or whatever the heck is wrong with me).  I will consume safe and delicious foods without a second thought.  I will leave my house in a pretty sundress to play the day away in a woodsy park, and not dread that I will be in pain at the end of the day.  I will wear whatever I want and go where ever I want without being self-concious about my body.  I will be vibrant and fun, no longer weighed down by physical burdens.  And if God wills for some reason that I still am sick, I pray for courage.  I will have learned how to live life as I am, yet happy and sweet no matter what ails me.

Even though my current work and aspirations involve a very self-serving career, it's not where my heart ultimately lies.  I hope that ten years from now will see me happily married, with a little home and family to call my own.  A generous and sweet husband to cuddle, friends to invite over, and cute children to care for and delight in...that's what I quietly dream most for.

All that being said, I know specifics don't actually matter.  In ten years I want to be accomplished, righteous, happy, and loved in a calling that suits me best.

Now to pass it along!  I would love to hear where the authors of the following blogs see themselves in ten years:


(Thanks again so much Yelena, for this award.  Writing about my dreams has a therapeutic quality. :-)

7 comments:

Alex said...

Thanks much for the award. I will have to ponder on this one, but I will certainly post about it an pass it on!

FALSE said...

Thanks for the shout out Debbie! I'll have to start drafting that blog!

Thanks again!
J

Jen said...

Wow, thanks for the award, Debbie! I haven't seen this one before, and I am honored. Such a good vision you have for your life too. I hope you get there!

Frannie said...

Oh Wow Congrats Debbie! You totally deserve it :)

Also, can I just say your vision for the next 10 years is AWESOME! I really hope you get there, and with your drive I am sure you will :)

Thank you so much for passing it on to me. I haven't gotten this award before but I have gotten a blogger tag on where I would see myself in ten years. I think in response to your post I'll have to re-evaluate it and see if my dreams still line up.

Thanks again!

The Style Mansion said...

Hi Debbie,
Thanks so much for this award! It's a lovely award from an even lovlier person. I will be posting it soon.

I hope anf pray you achieve everything you have listed and more.
Bless

Heather said...

Thanks Debbie! What a cool award, I am honored to receive it. I will post on it sometime in the next few days, hopefully. I hope that all of your desires come true, and if there are some that don't, I hope something even better happens instead!

Yelena said...

thanks for participating :)
i enjoyed this post :)
xo.