August 10, 2010

Script Reading

See those people in the corner of this little cafe? 

They are loud.  They are laughing.  Their voices reverberate by turn with glee, consternation, and passion.  Their gaze is focused on each other and the words before them.   They have coffee.  They have pens.  They briskly turn papers.

Some are timid but earnest.  Others are confident and pronounced.  Most are young, a few are older.  Some are tired from a long day at work, and some are brimming with youthful energy for the evening ahead.

See the people at that big table in the corner?  They are actors and actresses.  They are my cast.  I am working on my next show. :-)

"All the world's a stage, and all the men and women are merely players."

2 comments:

Frannie said...

I love it!

That quote also happens to be one of my fav quotes ever.

Never Too Busy said...

See those people in the corner? They are disturbing everyone else at the Panera Bread. Someone call security :-P