August 16, 2010

Pampering Day (And Other Events)

Last weekend my mom, Bethelle, and I went to the fabulous Tysons Corner Mall in McLean,Virginia.  We had been given cards for free Shiseido facials at a women's church event we attended in the spring, and went to their counter at Tysons to claim them (the Shiseido manager from there attends our church; nice, right? ;-) 

The Shiseido make-up artists and attendants were lovely people!  They gave each of us personal attention with cleansing and make-up, using only as much product as suited our personal styles.  I got treatment for my breakouts and lots of pretty eye make-up and lipgloss, Bethelle got a dramatic and pretty model look, and Mom got a face massage with lotion that made her skin glow and a pretty lipstick and light eye-shadow.  And the manager gave us lots of free gifts!  It was so fun being pampered!


After we were made-over, we hit the mall to eat lunch, shop, and take lots of pictures.  The mall is so large (it's three stories and very, very long) that we only saw most of the second floor and some of the first! 

My favourite part post-facial was:


Trying on these gorgeous dresses in the Jessica McClintock store (the one above was my favourite...I just felt so perfect in it!  and the one below looked fabulous/sexy)


And playing with all the pretties in the Coach store! (especially drooling over the Maggie line bags)


While we had fun playing with expensive things, we did buy some things more in our means including: books, coffee, jewelry, a hat, and some Shiseido products.

***
My blog has a new look, a couple new pages, and a new profile picture.  What do you think?

Church was so, so great today.  It seemed like every song we sang and the message we heard was perfectly suited to things I'm struggling with.  I love when God sends me a little extra sign that He will never, ever leave me or forget about me.  The trials I face now are fitting me to be more like Him in the future!

Nathan cooked for us today! (and allowed me to help :-p)  He did bacon-wrapped chicken breast, and potatoes and green beans in red wine.  We most definitely drank a little wine while we were cooking, and got slighty silly.

This evening we had rehearsal number two for the one-act play Barnstormers is doing at the end of September.  This time in the theatre (not disturbing people in Panera) and with a lot of character work accomplished.  I enjoyed being a super-organized and business-like stage manager, while still cracking jokes and getting to know the cast better.  I adore our director!  I haven't known her for very long, but she is super-fun and dedicated (and reads my blog, so Hi Michelle! <3)

I'm gearing up for a busy week, and shall strive to fill my heart with hope and my mind with positive thoughts.  I have two weeks of summer vacation left. :-\

3 comments:

J.Ashley said...

OMG...I love Tysons that has to be one of my favorite malls to shop at!!.. I love the dress it looks nice on you..and you and your mom looks just alike

Never Too Busy said...

NO, no, no. YOU got a little silly. I'm always like that :-P

The Style Mansion said...

Ooh oooh oooh! Where do I begin? I love adore love love love your new blog makeover.It's so chic and reminds me of elegant English Georgian houses.
You look so pretty and dainty and darling in all the photos. Having a makeover is fun. I wish i could visit that mall! Wow.
I know exactly what you mean about the worship songs in church. The same thing happened to me in yesterdays service. Tears of love and joy just came pouring out of me. Jesus love is the sweetest love.

You and Nathan sound like you had fun.
Lovely