December 16, 2010

Snowy Apple Night

A Recipe Post!
Tomorrow (weather pending) we're having a little luncheon at work.  My assignment was cookies that I could eat and would share with everyone.  I bought some GF cookie mix (Pamela's Chocolate Chunk) and added a few ideas of my own!



As you can see, I had myself a good time making these.  They turned out SO good, I named them (see post title).  Dad mixed up the name and called them "Midnight Apple" which I also like.  Either way, I'm pretty jazzed!

To make your very own Snowy Apple Night cookies, mix together
1 bag Pamela's Chocolate Chunk Cookie Mix (Wheat and Gluten-Free)
In place of egg that the recipe calls for:
1/4 cup applesauce and 1/2 tsp baking power (mix these together before adding to the rest of the batter)
8 tablespoons margarine
2 tablespoons water
(but if you remember to let your margarine soften a little, unlike me, you might need less water :-x)
Mini marshmallows, amount at your own discretion


Fold ingredients together until everything is moist and well-coated.  Scoop out the batter as big or little as you want (mine were about golf ball size out of an ice cream scoop).  Bake for 15-20 minutes (depending on whether you like soft or crispy cookies).  You should end up with approximately 15 cookies per batch.

Tada!!  You have made vegan and gluten-free cookies for your next holiday event!  Don't forget to give me all the credit!  ;-)

1 comment:

Never Too Busy said...

I look forward to tasting these. They look delicious!! :-)