December 16, 2010

Austen on Adobe

Through Jane Austen Today I found out that sourcebooks.com is offering free Austen novels and Austen-themed novels in honor of her birthday!  I downloaded "Persuasion", "Northanger Abbey", and "Mansfield Park" only to realize that I didn't have the proper software with which to enjoy my free treasures.  Then by clicking around some hints on my computer I found Adobe Digital Editions, downloaded it, activated an account, and viola!  I am in the digital age of reading.  I'm usually rather timid when it comes to making modifications of my computer or experimenting with software, so I'm proud of myself at the moment. :-)

I prefer holding a book in my hand when I read, but I'm willing to give this a try!

2 comments:

Never Too Busy said...

Awww! My baby is growing up. Before I know it you're gonna be hacking government websites and stealing passwords for a living :-D

Jas said...

How delicious looking! I will have to try this recipe out.

Thanks for following Smile Big and Pretty!