December 9, 2010

Semester Wrap Up

This is the last week of classes, and then we have finals next week.  Am I glad it's over?  Yes, I suppose.  But as in the summer, I will be working on campus over break, so I feel "whatever" about not having class.

Math final is on Wednesday.  I've been working especially hard in this second half of the semester with pleasing results.  The teacher said I need only get 1/3 of the final exam correct to pass the class!!!   This is a relief, but not an incentive to relax.  I have been known to look at a math test and go completely blank, so I need to keep studying.  :-(

Play Production doesn't factor into finals because that was over once Anarchist wrapped.  Sociology I dropped back in October due to health problems and stress, and Chorus final was yesterday (we put on a concert at school).

So Voice and Diction is the only other final I have left.  This Saturday in our last class we're presenting our own interpretion of a literary piece (I'm reading "The Little Match Girl" by Hans Christian Anderson).  For our final next week we're doing a monologue that the teacher gave us.  Mine is a funny one of a discouraged and sarcastic struggling actress whose parents disapprove of her career choice.

I auditioned for the spring musical, "Bat Boy", today.  I'm feeling angry at myself for not doing as well in the singing portion of the audition as I did in the speaking.  I know I can sing better than I did.  The cast list will go up on Monday.  If I'm on it, great, and if not, I'm still content because I tried and because I've see growth in myself as an artist.  Also if I'm not cast, I will take the time that affords me next semester to take more classes.  I've been attending school part time for awhile, and I'd like to challenge myself with a heavier academic load and obtain my degree sooner than later.

2 comments:

Never Too Busy said...

Woah! I really like the new pictures! :-D

Michelle said...

The wrap up of your post about being angry for how you did for your audition reminds me so much of how I used to feel in high school. I remember the anxiety of it all and I hope you have a good weekend despite the wondering...