December 5, 2010

Day Twenty-Nine: Glee

From the Thirty Day Challenge:  Your opinions on the television show Glee.

I summed up perfectly the essence of my feelings about Glee in this entry last summer. 

Speaking in terms of this season, I feel the storyline became very agenda-heavy, but I see now it lent to some great character development in several people.  The musical numbers in every episode this season have made me smile; my favourites were Mr. Schu and Mike Chang channeling Gene Kelly and Donald O'Connor in "Make 'Em Laugh", and the ensemble Bruno Mars "Marry You".  But the deepening maturity and sexuality in some of the scenarios is very dissapointing to me.  There are some really young people watching this show, and Fox markets to them while writing scripts that are only appropriate for older high-schoolers or college-age fans.

No comments: