December 6, 2010

Dashboard At The Recher

The Dashboard concert was amazing!!  The crowd was slightly obnoxious, but made up for it by being filled with a ton of passion for Chris Carrabba's music.  And Chris fed graciously into that passion, turning the concert into an experience that celebrated his fan's love for the music as much as it did the anniversary of his album. 

His entire set was solo acoustic and his voice was out of this world.  He played Swiss Army Romance in its entirety, as well as some other songs.  My only qualm going into this concert was that "Swiss Army Romance Tour" implied to me that I would only be hearing that album's songs, therefore excluding my all-time favourite Dashboard song "Hands Down".  To my ecstatic delight, he played it as the finale :-D (as well as "Vindicated" and "Stolen" in an "encore" set that we all knew was coming).  As Boyfriend put it, the concert is still mentally a surreal experience.

All pictures and videos in this entry are mine.   I have more pictures on my Facebook.  The videos start out loud and stay so throughout due to the crowd singing and shouting, so you might want to check your volume button. (I moved the videos to my youtube channel).

If you're a Carrabba fan who has never seen him live, I can honestly say he is just as good or better in person.  Did you know he's reuniting with Further Seems Forever?  I'm excited to see what's next for him!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

how are you?

Thanks for writing this blog, loved reading it

Niki said...

I have a Further Seems Forever CD sitting on my desk right now! I'd love to see them live.

Debbie said...

That's so cool that you like them too, Niki!

Thanks for reading, Anonymous!