December 13, 2010

Going Batty!

I've been cast in my first musical!  I was double cast in "Bat Boy" as Daisy (a townsperson) and the Teacher Young Meredith (Grown-up Meredith is one of the lead female roles).  I don't know much about either role yet, and am going to pick up the script and CD of the music tomorrow.  I don't feel too excited yet, but hopefully will after I read the script.  Considering my insecurities and how hard I've worked on my voice in the past year, I should feel very excited to be cast in a musical. :-)

I'm hard at work on my other theatre projects, preparing for KCACTF.  Anderson and I rehearsed for a few hours on Saturday; going over both our scenes and my monologue.  I picked my monologue from "A Streetcar Named Desire" and am currently reading the show.  My challenge now is creating three very distinct physical voices for each of the pieces.  I have clear ideas and direction about Deirdre (from I Hate Hamlet), Nora (A Doll's House), and Blanche (Streetcar), but I have to be sure I'm communicating that through my tone and body movement.

Math final is on Wednesday, Voice and Diction final is Saturday, and then the festival competition is only a few weeks away.  Yikes!

2 comments:

Niki said...

Congrats!

Jas said...

Bat Boy is a stellar show. Funny AND moving - double win.