March 31, 2011

Won't Be Just Any Night!

I am internally bouncing up and down and ready to cry with excitement because I just bought tickets to go here to see this!

Let's break it down.  One, I'm obviously a theatre geek and this is obviously one of the greatest musicals of all time.  Secondly, West Side Story is the show that set me on the path of my love for and dedication to theatre.  I saw it at my friend's high school many years ago, and I still remember how moved I was that evening.  I knew when I watching it that I wanted to be on stage some day.

The Hippodrome is a few minutes away from my home but this will be my first time attending a show there.  This revival of West Side Story closed on Broadway January 2nd and the national tour has been working its way across American this spring.  This production is directed by Arthur Laurents, who wrote the book version of "West Side Story"!

To top it off, my tickets are for orchestra seating, but since I got them through my school I paid an insanely discounted amount!

Seeing this show will be the kick-off to my spring break, and I'm sure it will be a night to remember!!  <3

3 comments:

Yelena said...

Awee! Girly, that's so exciting!
In light of this post, I am ashamed to admit that I've never seen west side story, not as a play or on dvd!! now I must! :) have fun!! :)

Jas said...

Can we say jealous? Yes. Yes we can.

Niki said...

The Hippodrome is lovely; i saw Spring Awakenings there.
Congrats on scoring tickets to a show you love.