July 1, 2010

Summer Hibernation

This week has felt really long.  I didn't sleep much last night.  While out shopping today my mom said something that hurt me.  While going home from work my best friend said something that annoyed me.  I've been worrying about and annoyed by various random issues at home all week. 

So today after work I was excited to come home to an empty house.  I made and ate a huge dinner, and then climbed into bed for a nap.  I do not take naps.  Like, I just can't.  But with A Fine Frenzy flowing soothingly into my ears and the summer breeze blowing in the window, I fell asleep almost immediately and took the loveliest little nap one could wish for. 

I decided that I am hibernating until tomorrow.  I have a lot of things on my mind, and I am still very tired.

"And the rangers scream out to the cabins
They are the hunted
We are the rabbits
Maybe we don't want to be found
Maybe we don't want to be found"

-Rangers by A Fine Frenzy

~edit/P.S.~  Today the "I-need-a-vacation" syndrome set in.  Anyone feeling me?

No comments: