July 13, 2010

New Ventures

I'm completely sleep deprived...I need to leave for work in less than two hours, and am looking forward to later this afternoon when I will be free to try visiting the inside of my eyelids again!

Most of my recent posts have not really been about my life, so here's a little catch-up!

~Most blood tests (this time an endomysial antibody test) came back negative (meaning I probably don't have gluten damage in my small intestine).  At this time, I've taken most of the hallmark Celiac tests and tested negative on them all. :-)  Here's to hoping my gluten-intolerance will not be permanent.  I have a doctors visit today for a consultation about my skin issues.
~As of Sunday, I became a mark. representative!  When I get my online store launched I will have more details about my new business.  I am so very excited, especially since I already have my first sale!  And you can bet I'll use the products for some give-aways here on my blog!
~I'm signed up for my next theatre production!  My new role is- stage manager!  Barnstormers is having a one-act night to kick off the fall semester, and I will be learning the ropes as stage manager for the mini production.  I'm so excited to learn more about things from a backstage perspective.
~My brother was away with a group from his church on his very first missions trip last week, and I missed him a lot.  I was so surprised when he called my cell late Wednesday night, and delighted as he talked my ear off about how much he was learning, the fun he was having, and the awe and love he was developing for God.  Since he has returned home his demeanor has been more calm, confident, and mature.  It excites me to see him grow and learn new things, especially since I remember having some of the same experiences at his age. 
~I had a great time babysitting/petsitting/housesitting last weekend.  The children were perfectly behaved and I got to share the job with my best friend.  Unfortunately both BFF and one of the kids got sick, so that was icky to deal with, but all in all we got through fine, and I made some much-needed extra cash.  This week I'm earning more dough by checking up on a kitten and a chinchilla every day (Note: Chinchillas are only awesome for their fur.  In living state, they are a bit gross, IMO).

Now I is off to the office.  It's storming a lot here today, and while I love big storms I am hoping the rain holds off long enough to get from house to car to work.

4 comments:

Never Too Busy said...

"Now I is off to the office"? Anyone working in the English department would be disappointed :-P And yay to giveaways, though i don't think I can use any Mark products...at least not without you raising your eyebrow at me. And who's showing you the stage manager ropes?

Debbie said...

You're totally right. But I was so sleepy it seemed cute at the time. :-p

and IDK. Myself? and you if necessary. :-p

Frannie said...

Stage managing seems pretty awesome. The stage managers in the theatre program here told me that it is quite intensive because they have to learn stuff about acting as well as design and production. From what I gather it is also good training for directing. Have fun!

Also you won the CSN giveaway on my blog. Congrats!!!

Meowitsme said...

I love you! It was great to be able to go away and know that my babies were being cared for by people who love them. You made my long trip easier and they had a great time with you. Sorry Belle got sick, I think she just wanted to be a little stinker :)