May 21, 2010

Wrapping Up Random Thoughts [School's Out]

I took my last exam and turned in my last paper today!  I did so while hung-over on sleep aid :-p but I think I did fine on the exam.  I then passed the afternoon by working on campus and reflecting a little on the past two years.  I have two years of college behind me!  I did some research on my degree progress thus far.  If all goes perfectly, I could be two semesters away from an A.A in Humanities and Social Sciences, and one more semester to earn the Theatre concentration.  After that, what?  Working?  University?  Acting?  Marriage? (;-p)  I have no clue!  But I already have my 2010 summer and fall classes picked out, and am anxious to keep working away.

Now that I'm free for a few weeks, there are some things I want to do!
  • Tons of reading.  Mostly lots of plays, as Tim and I are working on selecting our pieces for the Irene Ryan competition.  I'm also currently reading A Purpose Driven Life and Nate lent me Techinical Theatre For Non-Technical People awhile ago and I haven't had time to read it.
  • Journaling.  I've missed this so much.  This blog is a big help for destressing and working out my thoughts, but there are some things I just can't post on the internet!
  • Get better.  It's just as simple as I need time to sleep, work on my diet, and allow my body to heal from all the wear and tear of the past several months.  I want to go back to school without having to hide how I look or feeling sore or uncomfortable.
  • My "sister" Bethelle and I want to do some yoga once or twice a week.  She recently started a blog, Girl In The Blue Scarf.  Go show her some love!
  • This is going to sound really weird, but I want to study biology on my own a little.  Even though I passed my biology course this semester, I feel I rushed through it and won't retain a lot.  The class had a great textbook and workbook that I didn't use much, so over the summer I intend to study it at my own pace and keep my memory prepped for future science courses.
  • There is possibly a trip to Maine in the works!  I'll keep you posted. :-)
  • Organize my room.  I did this during the blizzard, but clothes, boxes, and dust are piled up once again.
I really want a simple and relaxing summer and to feel well-rested and accomplished at the end of it.  What do you want to do with your summer months?

2 comments:

Leeann @ Join the Gossip said...

You def have some big plans for your summer, most importantly...enjoy yourself! I'm going to check out your sister's blog now =)

oh and I stopped eating meat because I never really liked the tasted and I feel so guilty. I am a huge animal lover!

The Style Mansion said...

Your summer sounds like it's going to be fun. I hope to do a bit of touring of England with my cousin and a couple of friends. I am also in the process of looking for and adding new designers to my site. I am completeing a Freedom in Christ course at church,which my friend intends to do also. I really need to do some serious fasting and praying too. I know God is shaping a few new things in my life.
A Purpose Driven Life is a life changing book.