May 20, 2010

Clenched Hands Will Remain Empty

This morning I was blessed by this awesome quote posted by Heather in The Sunset Won't-

"'To get something you never had, you have to do something you never did.' When God takes something from your grasp, He's not punishing you, but merely opening your hands to receive something better. 'The will of God will never take you where the Grace of God will not protect you."

I bolded that first part to remind me that too often I want change in my life but I'm not willing to work for it.  The past few days have been a time of significant reprioritizing in my life.  Somedays it's hard to have hope that I will ever get through the physical and emotional trials I'm in the midst of.  Ceasing to struggle in trials on my own power is a good first step.

P.S.  I've realized that listening to too much A Fine Frenzy is a good sign that I'm trying to either get over or forget something.  I've had the album One Cell In The Sea on repeat for awhile.

2 comments:

Heather said...

I am so glad that you connected to that quote. It is a good one. I too got a jolt from that first part and am realizing that I need to step up. And 'A Fine Frenzy' is terrific. It's good thinking music I think.

I hope that the trials you are experiencing turn around soon. I LOVE the title of your post. It also made me think that clenched hands cannot have a helping hand grab them. :) Have a wonderful afternoon!

Decor 2 Ur Door said...

Glad I found your blog. I have been through a difficult journey as my husband and daughter(19) have both had cancer in the past three years. I was angry for the double wammy and now I see that when we relinquish control which is His anyway- surrender- He grows us,.. My mantra Let go and let God.
I now have two miracle healings and a deeper understanding of my faith!Blessings-