May 29, 2010

Through The Music

I enjoy the musical "Wicked" because I can listen to it no matter what mood I am in.  It has tended to my spirit when I have been at various times excited, heartbroken, and content.

Tonight the line "My road of good intentions led where such roads always lead" (from the song No Good Deed) struck me.  It describes the time I'm going through, in which my pride, past and current decisions, dreams, and illusions are all being challenged, broken, and reorganized.

"One question haunts and hurts
Too much, too much to mention:
Was I really seeking good
Or just seeking attention?"

I'm glad God created music to help us say the things we do not understand.  Do you have a song or other art form that helps you express things you cannot otherwise?

1 comment:

Heather said...

Ahh music speaks what the soul cannot. And Wicked is pretty amazing! No Good Deed is a fantastic song. I think it shows how people give up when they feel their good deeds don't do any good.

Thank you for your kind words on my wishes today. I hope they come true too :)