May 14, 2010

College Awards Banquet

At the end of every spring semester, The Office of Student Life at my college hosts an awards banquet.  Students are recognized for both their academic and extra-curricular achievements.  Here's a few shots from the incredibly fun evening I had:
 Some of my Barnstormers, and Carl (who is both my acting teacher and our club advisor)

My club VP, Mara.  :-) She won Emerging Leader award and I, the Outstanding Student Leader award. 

He's been such an inspiration to me, and said the sweetest, most encouraging things about me personally and our club as a whole when we were receiving our awards.  It amused me that in reference to how I've grown as a person and an actress, he told the entire room, "She started out as a birthday candle and now she's a furnace!"

After all the festivities, Nathan and I wanted to celebrate and hang out for a bit.  Since I'm not up for random bars, we went to Ruby Tuesdays where I enjoyed an amazing glass of Chardonnay.

I enjoyed last year's banquet, but after all the hard work and growth of this semester, I can honestly say last night was one of the best evenings of my college experience.   I'm proud to know so many people who excel both academically and socially and who can enjoy celebrating each other's achievements.

4 comments:

The Style Mansion said...

Hi Debbie,
Sorry for delayed comments, been so busy! Oh but what wonderful developments since I last visited! The outstanding student leader award - wow! From a candle to a furnace - wow! I believe that is God's light shining on you because you are special.
Well done.
p.s - you look so beautiful

Lori said...

Hi Debbie - thanks for the comment, it feels good to at least know what's causing the eczema and discomfort, as I'm sure it does for you too - I've just been in pity party mode trying to figure out how to adjust our meal plans and go on! We'll get there!

Heather said...

Congrats on the award! Looks like it was a fun night :)

Debbie said...

Thanks Heather and Lisa!