January 7, 2010

Winter Daze

Sorry for the lack of substantial bloggage. I finished out my week of personal vacation time by mostly just sitting on my butt with the laptop for company all day long. The week was punctuated by a great dinner at Mr and Mrs. Stiegler's house. They invited myself and some fellow City On The Hill staff members and we had a cozy evening of catching up and fellowship in their beautiful home. I also went on a couple Nathan dates, which I've already mentioned. I had girl time with Shannon watching My Best Friend's Wedding and Glee, eating chocolate and Chickfila, and talking about anything and everything. <3

On Monday CCBC reopened and I went back to work, and I am presently here. I'm going to be working Mondays, Thursdays, and Fridays on campus. I'm bummed because due to closing on Martin Luther King Day and a trip I'm taking, I will be missing three days of work this month. That wouldn't be so bad, except that I temporarily do not have my cleaning job. So my hope of earning book money and building up my savings are quickly escaping my grasp. :-\

In regards to the trip I mentioned, I will have new adventures to share with you guys soon! Next week I'm going with a group from my school to the Kennedy Center American College Theatre Festival. I'll be attending all sorts of workshops, auditions, and shows, plus just chilling in the hotel and seeing whatever there is to see. I'm sharing a room with my good friend Mara, and my dear Anderson is going as well, so I'm pretty syked about the sights and the company!

The whole moving on and healing process is something I'm working on slowly but surely. I want to thank those of you that have been so encouraging for your comments, prayers, and love. Some days are so much harder than others, and I wake up each day with a small, quiet lump of dread in my throat. But I'm determined to woman up, learn my lessons, and reach for the joy that has been offered me.

No comments: