January 11, 2010

Life Made Better

My best friend and I have been reading this book since the start of the year. Each morning (or evening, depending what our individual schedule is that day) we read the page for the day and reflect on the verse. Then we usually text message the other a thought or a word from it that sticks out to us. I've been blessed and surprised to find that each day's writing perfectly fits whatever I'm struggling with or thinking about!

In the past few months I've come to strongly believe that even though God wants to know us on a personal level, faith is not a road that was created to be walked alone. It was designed with fellowship and companionship in mind. And if you don't practice a religious faith, the experience of life is still much more richly lived when you share it with others on an honest, open, and challenging level. Don't be afraid to share a piece of yourself with someone today. :-)

P.S. In two more posts I will reach my 100th post mark! Any topic suggestions?

2 comments:

The Style Mansion said...

The daily reading sounds like such a good idea. Walking in God definitley involves fellowship. Topic suggestion: you! Since your first blog to the hundreth - Debbies insights,observations,blogservations,growth,musings,
etc
I love reading your reflections on life, you always write something I can relate to. More please!

Yelena said...

that is an amazing idea!! love it!!!
and true words of wisdom! :)