January 27, 2010

Factories, Photo Ops, and Artifacts

I need to get back on track with posting! Things have not been boring, and now I have at least three post ideas in my head! It's just a matter of time and attention span.. :-p

I'll start off with boyfriend adventures. Yesterday Nathan and I took our first roadtrip! It was just a day trip to York, Pennsylvania, which is about an hour from where we live. But we had a blast! On the way there and back we listened to the mix CD he made for me, which is an electic sampling of the music we've enjoyed together, or songs I have mentioned I like. It's a truly odd compilation..some of the selections are songs by Daft Punk, Peggy Lee, Dashboard Confessional, Alice Cooper, Beastie Boys, Justin Timberlake, and The Killers (just to name a few; it's a 20 track CD! :)

The first stop of the trip was the Harley Davidson Factory and Visitors Center in York. Nathan is obsessed with motorcycles, and I thought he would enjoy seeing how they're made (he did!) I'm not as big of a fan, but I like learning about pretty much anything, and had never been in any kind of factory before. It was a cool experience! After seeing the actual assembly line we took pictures of and sat on some motorcycles, then wandered around the gift shop. We didn't buy anything 'cause we're tourists on a budget and because they give you a free postcard and button. :-p

After the factory we drove around York and found the Industrial and Agricultural Museum. This place had a ton of interesting things to look at that were used in York throughout the centuries, and provided many amusing photo ops.

Our final stop was the home of some friends of my family that live in York. They took us out to dinner and afterwards we chilled at their house and played card games. I've known this family all my life, and it was neat to introduce Nathan to them for the first time as someone important in my life.


That's my latest adventure! More to come.

2 comments:

Never Too Busy said...

Sounds like a ridiculously awesome day! :-P

The Style Mansion said...

That sounds like a cool adventure. I enjoy visiting museums. I'm glad you got to introduce Nathan to your friends,it's an important step.