January 28, 2010

Retreat

On Martin Luther King weekend I had an impromtu respite from home. Things had gotten particularly stressful, and I called the Stieglers just to talk and get some advice (the couple that I mentioned had some of the City On The Hill staff over for dinner). Mrs. Barb invited me to spend the night with them, just so I could get away and relax, and after some coaxing I gave in and joined them for the night. The 24 hours that followed were full of blissful peace, home cooking, sympathetic and wise conversation, and deep thinking. I took time to walk, rest, listen, talk, pray, and soak in the atmostphere.
The pictures are of the farm house they live in, the cozy little room I slept in, and an old gazebo by a hidden pond. My time there lifted my spirits and gave me a renewed sense of hope for my life and plans. I was so blessed by friendship and God's love that weekend!


4 comments:

The Style Mansion said...

This house looks so idyllic. The pictures are beautiful. I'm glad you had a time of refreshment.

Yelena said...

oh darling take me along next time! that looks like a great getaway!! i am so jealous.. but happy that you got to spend some time and relax! :)

Michelle Schraudner said...

Glad you had a chance to relax and recharge!

Meowitsme said...

I miss you, love you and am praying for you!!!!! xoxoxoxo