December 2, 2009

Patterns and Progress

I am in my third semester of college, and see a pattern emerging. Every semester about this time (two or three weeks left) I start staying up late, having some sort of health problem, get involved in a non-academic project, write a paper I dread (though I have an unreasonable dread of most of my papers :p), and deal with some sort of major social or relationship issue. It's less than two weeks until finals, and all of the above is happening. Lovely.

I was going to end with the above, but that seems too harsh. Good things are happening, and I've grown enough to look for good things and fixate on those instead of my problems. Nathan and I have hung out a lot lately, and that always makes for a good day in Debbie Land. Barnstormers is in the midst of rehearsals for our variety show (opening December 3rd) and I was really encouraged by how things went tonight. Final dress rehearsal is tomorrow and I'm content to say the show is what it is and I'm not going to stress about it. I've started my next psychology paper a week before it's due instead of the day before, and it's shaping up to be interesting...(I didn't say good or pleasant, just interesting). I finished all the test work needed for computer class a week early (this was after coming to the class three weeks into the semester, so I'm pretty happy with myself).

I'm going to stop stalling, and continue listening to Dashboard, while reading about Erikson's Stages of Psychosocial Development. Good night.

1 comment:

Yelena said...

so..i just discovered your darling little blog through the style mansion.
i love it! reading your about you and this post reminds me of myself. :) it seems like we have quite a bit in common!
well, except that my finals are next week and i have like a million projects and papers due friday that im just starting, so i am so proud of you for starting your stuff early! im jealous. :) lol.
oh love your header!! cute! :)