December 15, 2008

wonderful weekend!

Anniversary date was lovely! We managed to get in and out of downtown without getting lost. :p We had a delicious dinner and exchanged gifts; he gave me a lovely necklace that looks like this. I've always wanted a Journey necklace but I've never asked for one. I gave him a frame for his signed Shane and Shane CD booklet and a Colbie Caillat CD. I know they seem like odd gifts, but he was delighted. :) After dinner we walked along the water and ended up at one of my favorite places- the big Barnes and Noble by the aquarium. We usually don't go downtown without going there. There was a sign on the door announcing the Michael Phelps book signing for the next day, and Ryan said sarcastically, "oh darn, you won't be here." haha. He knows I think Michael Phelps is uber hottie. (Yes, I just said uber.) I had a fun and romantic evening and came home very happy. :)

On Saturday my family and Ryan went up to York, PA for the annual Blair/Jennys/Murray Christmas party. The year was crazy and fun, with our regular 12, plus Ryan, plus two foreign exchange students (the Murray's and the Blairs are each hosting one). Us "kids" picked on each other mercilessly, and taught the Chinese Mark and Russian Tammy the joys of games such as "Telephone", "Spoons", and "Pit". It's crazy to realize that I am now older than our parents were when they met in college. The group photos turned out great:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v408/Javababe01/blairs_2.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v408/Javababe01/blairs_3.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v408/Javababe01/blairs_1.jpg

(Pasting the links was easier because I didn't like how the pictures messed up the post.)

When we were shopping up in PA I discovered a drink called "Caribou Coffee." Has anyone ever seen it down here? It's in the refrigerator case and comes in a cute metal bottle. It tastes a lot like a Starbucks iced frappuccino, but it's a little less heavy.

This post took waayy longer than I meant, and I originally got on the computer to work on the CITY newsletter. :-/ At least I have an idea of the content, so I guess I'll just type it up the morning. This week I'll be adjusting to my new schedule of minus school plus two jobs. I plan to finish my Christmas shopping next weekend, when I acually have money again. That's how it always is, spending it before I get it. *sigh*

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

There is a Caribou coffee house in Gambrills (Rt 3 south of Millersville). Don't know if anything is sold in grocery stores, but I'll bet you could find out if you googled Caribou coffee.

Why does it sound slightly dirty to talk about googling something? :-)

FALSE said...

I think I’m finally done and hopefully that is the case since I’m broke and may have just enough to pay the bills.
Congrats again on the anniversary and fun date, sounds like you “kids” had a nice evening

…Deb, Michael Phelps?

Debbie said...

I found the coffee! Maybe I can get to one of their locations sometime.

And yes Jen, Michael Phelps... :-D