December 10, 2008

Found: One Brain

A day off from school proved helpful, though today has felt oddly long. I had no classes or finals, so I went in the morning to my new job (cleaning) and then spent the afternoon and evening writing my paper, baking, cleaning my room, and texting (yes, I seriously text so much it makes the list!)

My last post was from the frustration of not being able to write the English paper I need for my final grade. It's a research/debate paper in which I must assert a thesis and defend it. It's due Thursday at noon, and as of Monday I didn't really have much to show for the reading and research I'd been attempting to do. My thoughts and facts started to fall together today and I'm feeling much less worried.

I mentioned in a previous post that my paper is a defense of the use of chiropractic care. In this class we each picked a topic on which our assignments would focus for the entire semester. Mine was complementary and alternative medicine, and so far I've written a general research paper about different forms of CAM, an editorial on health insurance companies and their involvement with natural medicine, and a definition paper on the word "holism."

Tomorrow I have a final in theatre class for which I am totally ready and pumped. Then I'll try to calmly do some last minute studying for my math final (my teacher told me not to cram, but cramming is staying up all night the night before the test, right? :p) I need to drop of the last of my application forms for the Honor's Society. Finally, I'll be going to a cast meeting for the play. Yahoo!

As of Monday, Ryan and I have been together for four years! He picked me up at school to grab some dinner (Subway) and we went to see his cousin's new dog and then to Wal-mart together. It's nice to know I enjoy even the mundane with him. But no worries- on Friday night he is taking me to Cheesecake Factory! We were postponing our actual anniversary celebration until after finals.

1 comment:

FALSE said...

Praying for all of your finals and clear thoughts!

Congrats on 4 years, goes by fast doesn't it? Have fun at Cheesecake, hmm!