December 4, 2008

the stage for me!

Lights please! I am going to be in the CCBC spring production!!!!!!!!!! :-D I find out tomorrow which part I am playing. Circumstances surrounding my audition dimmed my enthusiasm at first. For one, the director seems like someone who is definitely going to take no nonsense and demand a lot. But that's not necessarily a bad thing. In addition, I wasn't prepared to audition with anything except some script reading. But because the play is going to have a lot of physical comedy, I had to learn and perform a shoulder roll in about 30 seconds. That was scary, and on one of the rotations I landed on my shoulder improperly. :-( To top off the craziness, my mom called me a bunch of times because I didn't call her when she was expecting me (by only about half an hour). I had no service in the theatre building, and didn't want to run out in the middle of auditions. So finally I had to ask a gracious friend to save the day and call her for me...she pretty much was freaking out and thinking goodness knows what had happened to me..that's my dear mom for ya. But all in all, after thinking it over, I am really happy I got a part and I'm looking forward to the production. I'm finally going to be in a production that does not involve something church-related! haha. I am not at all dissing the experience that I got at Halethorpe; I am deeply grateful for it! But I'm happy to finally be branching out.

Today was a great day. I got my second 90% in a row on a math quiz, meaning that I need only get a 65% on the final to pass the class. I had a great talk with my English professor that I found both gratifying and inspiring (woo, two large meaningful words there!) The day was topped off by helping to set up and coordinate the Barnstormers' coffeehouse, and I had a lot of fun there!

Now I better be gitting. Tomorrow I have a ton of laundry and homework to catch up on, some shopping to do (for a new camera, yay!) work, and a job interview.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Yay! The stage is a fun place to be. I love being dramatic & getting into a role. Ask my husband. I act at home all the time. Mostly like a crazy person. Wait, that's not acting. ha ha. Anyway, congratulations on your role in the play! I hope it's lots of fun for you!