December 18, 2008

Decisions- Minor and otherwise.

Thanks for the great gift suggestions on the last post! I'll have to be pinching my pennies because their anniversary is so soon after Christmas (Jan 7th). I'm going to try to get to Things Remembered, and then maybe get them a gift card for their favorite restaurant. I like the photo shoot idea Jenn, but my mom doesn't really like having her picture done, so I'm unsure about going with that.

I ended up not going to the movies because nothing looked worth seeing (the comedies at least, which is what Ry wanted to see). The weather was so gross on Tuesday, and I was in a sad mood, so instead we went to Blockbuster and he let me pick the movie. We got "Get Smart" with Steve Carell- it was really funny!

Yesterday at my cleaning job I dropped a sponge behind their stove when I was scrubbing the wall; that's better than last week when I almost broke their bathroom window! I felt stupid both times, haha. It's a little intimidating to me to clean someone's house, because you're in their space and how you think might be ok to do something might not be ok with them. But they're an easy-going couple, and I've done as thorough a job as a I can, so I'll probably have nothing to worry about. I'm really happy that the house is so close to school. When spring semester starts up I plan on walking over after classes and save anyone the trouble of driving me.

Before I end I want to explain why I was in a sad mood on Tuesday. I decided to drop my role in the main stage show at school, and I talked to the director about it on Tuesday. When I went to the cast meeting last week the director told me that my part would definitely require a lot of physical action (the type of things I was doing in audition and probably more). As I thought more about this it made me really nervous. I go to the chiropractor a lot as it is, and injure easily. I don't want to take on a role that I might not be able to do to well, or in which I might get injured. That's not fair to myself, the show, or the director. Even though I was excited to be in a show, I've had an uncomfortable feeling about it all along. I was also asked to be a part of another show, and I thought I'd better suited to it than to "Servant", and I knew I couldn't do both. It was a really hard decision to give up "Servant!" But as Shannon pointed out, it's not the last chance I'll ever have to be in a show. The show I am doing is produced by our theatre club (Barnstormers) and I was asked to be assistant director/stage manager. That's exactly the type of work I love and I know I will learn so much! Plus, it's more of a support role where I'll have the chance to be a good organizer and a calming presence. I've already seen through our school coffeehouse that I'd good in that area. If I had stuck with "Servant" it would have been for more selfish reasons...like doing something just because it meant I could be on stage. So yeah, it may seem confusing but that's the story.


I wish I felt more like "Christmas." I need to finish cleaning and writing cards, and I'm going with Ryan on Sunday to do our Christmas shopping! (I love to plan, buy, and wrap gifts. It's my favorite part of the season.) I hope you all find time to enjoy yourselves amidst all the hectic hustle, bustle, sickness, and "to-do" lists!

No comments: