December 1, 2008

a job update!

I've been volunteering for Association of Maryland Families (the org that sponsors City on the Hill) for over a year now, and been hoping to work for them. Funds are unfortunately very tight there. But today the director called me and offered me one day a week at $10 an hour! I'm so happy. :) It's still a possibility I can go full-time in the future, but this a step in the right direction and the timing is great with winter break coming up. I'll either stay on at Execuhome, or look into Chik-fil-a if they respond to my application.

In theatre class today I worked on my final. As a team we're supposed to write and act a scene and I'm doing mine with Nancy. As we talked through the script and ideas it just flowed so well into something cute and funny with a great theme. We're feeling so proud of ourselves. :) I also had a great time at Barnstormers meeting (our drama club) as usual, where we made paper snowflakes for the coffeehouse this Thursday. Turns out I am a beastly snowflake cutter; who knew? :)

Going to bed now, hoping to make it to school early (before my 9:35am class) to do research in the library.

*hugs & kisses*

2 comments:

Katie said...

Yeah for good job news! :)

FALSE said...

Congrats!

If you get a job at Chik-Fil-A let me know mama, I want a discount! Hmmmm!