September 9, 2010

Currently Thinking On

I find inspiration, encouragement, and wisdom from many sources.  These thoughts are currently resonating with me.

"There are songs, I'll never write,
Because of you, walking out of my life.
There are words, that don't belong,
Because of you, I'll never write another love song."
-Art of War by Anberlin


"Perhaps instead of asking questions of our trials, our trials are meant to ask questions of us."
-Hadassah in "One Night With The King"


"When she took her eyes off of these things, and put them on the main thing, she got her life back instantly."
-Youth pastor at my church, in reference to Leah's pursuit to be loved by Jacob and her surrender to God's love.


Today I had no class because my professor is observing the Jewish new year, and I took off work.  I finally got some much needed sleep.  I now have a Word document open in which I have typed up categories for what I consider the commitments and priorities in my life.  Under the categories I listed the actions or duties needed for said activity.  I'm trying to clearly evaluate all that have I going on, whether I can add more, and if I'm adequately attending to what I'm already responsible for.  I think I've found that I'm not overly-committed, but that I simply need to better use or maximize the time I have for all my committments.   Once I get it all straight in my head, I may share here (or not, because who reading this really cares? :-p)  I'm also planning a post for interesting things I've learned so far in my sociology class.

2 comments:

Heather said...

Love it! First of all I love quotes. I especially like the "Perhaps instead of asking questions of our trials, our trials are meant to ask questions of us" quote. This one really got me thinking about my life.

Second, I love lists and I think it's great that you are taking stock of what's going on in your life and what your priorities are. Good for you Debbie!

Never Too Busy said...

I care! :-P And I thik Rosh Hashanah is my new fav holiday that I don't celebrate.