March 31, 2010

Spring Break Update

I was really excited about spring break and made the awesome list of things I wanted to do.  Thus far, only two of those items have been accomplished. 

My break started off with an emergency trip the doctor due to an extremely bad eczema flair-up.  I cannot describe without whining how miserable I felt.  I've spent some extra time relaxing and on medication, and I'm on my way feeling better.  I've been doing research about eczema, opening up a little to my close friends about how badly I struggle with it, and accepting that with work and patience, I won't be afflicted with this to an extreme forever.  This condition has made me feel ashamed and ugly for so long, and I'm finally accepting that it's common, and can be cured.  I've also been touched by how compassionate and considerate my close friends have been about how I feel and look. 

I recently took an allergy test and the results came back today.  I have to avoid wheat and dairy in most of their forms.  This effects A LOT of my favourite foods, makes dining out hard, and means extra time and money cooking at home.  It's all worth it to feel better; however it's going to take work that at the moment I'm feeling apprehensive about.  In addition, because of what the allergy results indicate, I have to be tested for Celiac Disease.  If you or anyone you know has lived with this condition, I'd be totally open to advice or encouragement.  I just really want to feel pretty and healthy again.

On to more cheerful things!  As per the list, Nate and I went to Annapolis to visit a bar and grill I like and take in the sights.  So much fun was had. :-D  We did a tour of the State House and I showed him the Tiffany dome  and state seal in the Miller Building, and we did a lot of walking around, some eating and drinking, and picture-taking.  The day definitely made up for the rest of my break thus far!

Time for rest, and rehearsal and babysitting tomorrow.  <3

2 comments:

The Style Mansion said...

Oh yea, how could YOU ever feel ugly??? Your way too cute.

The Style Mansion said...

Hi Debbie,
So sorry for lack of comments, I have been busy. I am now going to catch up on all of your posts, then back to work!
I really hope that you are getting on top of the eczema condition.My sister and I both suffered with this for a while, we cut down on processed foods in general and it cleared up.Iwill be praying for you too! I will ask my medical mum about Celiac disease for you.
Your trip with Nate sounds fun.It's nice to visit places with someone special!