August 3, 2009

Ten Minutes Worth of Blog-Worthyness!

I'm on campus working today. It's a really gorgeous sunny day, I'm feeling happy, and I'm wearing a new dress that is so comfy and pretty I want to wear it all the time. :) I ate lunch outside with a good friend, and then went to visit the Student Life Building to make sure that Barnstormers will have an office this semester (we will). Then, still on my lunch break I made a stop over at registration building to take care of some things. I was all done and decided I must have candy, and at the vending machine is where my day got a little extra nice...

Two little boys were playing with the buttons on the vending machine, and commenting about how they didn't have enough change for the candy bar they wanted. The older of the two pulled his brother aside and said "let her go next" (referring to me). I was wishing that I had enough change to give to them, and thought about buying them something with what I had left. As the candy I had bought for myself came out of the machine, TWO candy bars came out instead of one! The boys were watching me and said "Oh wow, she got two!" I asked them, "Would you like one of them?" and the older boy said "Sure! and I'll share it with my brother!" :-D I loved it. The candy was an extra big Kit Kat bar, so I'm sure they enjoyed it. As I walked away, I heard the boy exclaim to his mom (who was a few feet away talking to someone) "Mom! That girl got two candy bars and she gave one to me!"
I'm not sharing this to brag, but rather because I felt so tickled that two candy bars came out instead of one so that I could share them. I love when God gives us little blessings like that! To top off the moment, when I left the building I saw one of my City students waiting at the registration office! :-D We were really happy to see each other, and she is coming to work to visit me later.

It's been a really good day filled with really simple, good moments. And it's not over yet!

No comments: