August 5, 2009

Tacked Up For The World To See


I think the corkboard in my room in its present state is a good "snapshot" of my current life...

1. Ticket and wristband from Anberlin concert at Sonar
2. Audrey Hepburn calender (new fabulousness every month!)
3. Ad from Avon to donate toiletry kits to soldiers (great idea!)
4. Sticky note with a degree name from University Of Baltimore written on it- "Community Studies and Civic Engagement" (I'm currently researching and considering pursuing it!)
5. A notecard from my best friend. Recently I was going to adopt a kitten, but it didn't work out. So she made me a sweet little card with a picture of a kitten on it. :)
6. Recent photo of Selene, the little girl in Boliva that I sponsor through Compassion International.
7. Program art and ticket from "I Hate Hamlet", the student production I directed/acted in.
8. A list of things I'm saving for. It includes: trip to Indiana for my cousin's wedding, school books, and getting a black dress I found in a thrift store altered.
9. Scrap of paper with "Sinatra and Friends, Reprise Records" written on it. Got that in a vinyl shop in Fells Point when I asked about the Frank Sinatra cover of "Leavin' On A Jet Plane."

Awhile back I started covering my corkboard in wrapping paper. Over the years I'd put glitter and stickers all over it, written on it, and torn it all up. It's good to make old things look new again!

2 comments:

The Style Mansion said...

I love your corkboard - it's a work of art in its own right. Your Audrey Hepburn calendar is the best!

Debbie said...

Thank you! :)