February 24, 2010

Sick of being Adelaide

Thank you for the prayers, advice, and sweet words on my last post. I'm still in a very rough place right now and not in a position to say much about it.

I'm single again. I'm sad. I'm angry. I'm sorry. I'm scared. I'm brave. I'm honest. I'm stubborn. I'm ready for anything and sick of everything. The only thing getting me through is the belief that something important is around the corner; something I've been running from and should have embraced long ago.

I'm pretty sure that something is myself.

"You keep giving me signs that you think I wanna see
But you're nothing like you seem
Hide behind your half smile
But the truth is so undeniable
Sh sh shouldn't need anyone
Shouldn't need anyone
Just scared of being alone
But by the time you figure this out
And I'm already gone"


-Adelaide by Anberlin


2 comments:

Yelena said...

honey, you're in my prayers.
this too shall pass :)

The Style Mansion said...

Hi Debbie,
Sorry to hear what you are going through. It feels horrible - I know. I prayer for you regularly.
Bless