February 8, 2010

Happy Monday!

This is such a good Monday! The college is closed, and today will be my day to catch up on the homework I've been avoiding all weekend. :-x But before I get started on that, I wanted to write about what I enjoyed on this Monday morning!

Several of my favourite blogs were updated and I'm caught up on all sorts of goodness. Last night I made a playlist of my favourite upbeat and happy songs in iTunes, so I was able to listen to that while I read. My dad finally found the picture of my brother and I that he took on my last birthday and it was in my email. Most importantly, I read a really good devotional this morning. Here's an excerpt from "Babes With A Beatitude":

"When John saw Jesus, he fell at his feet as if he were dead. He did not talk or look up or ask questions or make any declarations. He was so in awe of being in the presence of the Lord that he lay before Him in silence. Surely he had many questions, but this was not the time for them.

Too many times we find ourselves questioning God or giving Him our answeres when we should be lying still and praising His name. When we are in a humble position like John was in, we are able to give God the glory He deserves.

John was on an island when he experienced this. You may be on an island of despair or hurt. It's time to bow before God and know that He is the One who can lift you up."

It captures perfectly the attitude of worship and patience I've been striving to have lately.

And I leave you with an adorable picture of my "little" brother and I on my last birthday (poor kid had a cold that day, hence the slight look of squintyness; great pic nonetheless <3

1 comment:

The Style Mansion said...

Thanks for those edifying words.I actually felt uplifted and encouraged as I read them. Lovely picture of you and your bro!
Bless