February 3, 2010

A Day of Dreamy Things

I feel like I accomplished so much today! Work, classes, Barnstormers matters, and being able to relax at the end of the day.

We had a snow storm last night. For the first time in my academic career I actually wanted a snow day, and therefore of course did not get it. :-p However, going outside was totally worth it to enjoy the fresh powdery surroundings and the covered trees. Nathan and I were driving to school and drove up a back road where briefly both sides of the road are completely surrounded by trees. All I could do was smile because the road reminded me of a passage from "Anne of Green Gables" when Anne first comes to Prince Edward Island and sees "The White Way of Delight" - her name for a lane surrounded by cherry tree blossoms. She was in such rapture over nature's beauty, and that's how I felt this morning. Thanks for dragging me out of bed and driving me to school, Nathan! :-*

I had my first voice lesson of the semester this afternoon, and to start off I'm learning "Once Upon A Dream" from Sleeping Beauty. It's so dreamy! :-)



To close, here's a picture of part of my college campus this morning. The Barn Theatre, beloved by me and many others and the site of our next club production, is in the left side of the picture.

2 comments:

The Style Mansion said...

What a dreamy day! It's so nice. I'd love to hear you sing! The snowy picture is beautiful and so romantic. It reminds me of a Thomas Kincaide painting. Oh, the beloved barn!

Never Too Busy said...

Such a beautiful song, can't wait to hear you perform it :-)