August 7, 2012

Job Anniversary

A year ago I was nervously becoming oriented to my new job and learning to navigate a work relationship with (then) Boyfriend. This week the boss is away on his charity ride (check out lrlr.org), HTB no longer works days at the same job as me, and I'm in charge. The event is a kid's camp rehearsing and performing their end of season play. I have to unlock and occupy the theatre while they rehearse, and oversee lights and sound in the culminating show.

On Monday morning the fire alarm went off for the entire building and a water main broke. Thankfully I didn't have to be directly involved in those situations, other than by evacuating, and the theatre and all concerned were safe. It was still a bit nerve-wracking though! A little later in the day I had to get stern as I found two of the younger camp counselors trespassing in an off-limits (and dangerous) area of backstage. Quieter moments have included tinkering with a co-worker on our new ghost light (I'm so excited to have one!), cleaning in the scene shop, and reading.

So far, a satisfying time of responsibility that I hope continues!

No comments: