August 17, 2012

Summer Pictures: Round Two

A props and theatre edition of the round-up!  These pictures were taken during work for my summer position as Properties Manager at Cockpit in Court Summer Theatre.  (I just realized that I managed to capture at least one picture to represent each of the five shows that were staged over the two months.)

"Eliza"'s doll from the ballet sequence in The King and I.  Isn't it beautiful?  Rented from A.T. Jones of Baltimore.

Once again, it pays to have a beautician for a friend.  This is a hair sink borrowed for Steel Magnolias.  Thank you, Lorrie's Head To Toe of Linthicum!
The sink was installed on the in-the-round set and an actress had her hair washed during one of the scenes.

A H.U.M. prop makes yet ANOTHER appearance, in the back of the car and then...
...is put into an actual body bag!  (For Sunset Boulevard.)  The body bag was provided by a coroner who is friends with the Box Office Manager.  In theatre, no request is too weird!
Just because it's awesome, I'm showing you the set of "Norma"'s mansion for our production of Sunset Boulevard.  The production featured six different settings (most flown in and out as needed) but this masterpiece was stationary and where most of the action took place.  Designed by my friend and boss, Moe Conn.
For Laura I had to design liquor labels.  I tea stained the Montrachet label and was fairly happy with it.  Not so happy with the fictional "Four Horses" bourbon label.  This beverage is mentioned so frequently in the play you can make a drinking game out of it! :-p

The chimpanzee from Sunset sitting in a wheelchair used in Dr. Dolittle.
The chimp keeping me company on the ride back to Signature Theatre, an equity house from which we borrowed much of the Sunset scenic pieces and furniture.

3 comments:

Niki said...

Looks like a fun summer.
I don't think i realized that you were working at THAT theater; my friend Amy was in 2 shows there this summer.

Debbie said...

Yep! Amy and I are pals too...we did a show together last fall. She was great in "King and I" and "Sunset"! Did you see either?

Evan Becky said...

Wow those are amazing sets! Our theatre was so small that a lot of the props were gathered by actors :) And I love the Steel Magnolias sink. I didn't realize you worked with that play. I got to be Truvy in the first and last acts (we couldn't get full production rights for one reason or another) my freshman year. I would have made a total mess!

Keep posting theatre stuff! I get to live vicariously through you :)