January 28, 2012

Our Productive Nuptial Planning

I just realized that I "dropped the ball"; yesterday was our one-month engagement anniversary!!  So- Happy One Month, Hubs-to-Be. :-)

In honor of this little milestone I'll give a small wedding planning update.  The worries of my long ranting post earlier this month have calmed a bit.  We've discussed and agreed on my future schooling plans, as well as beginning the home hunting process.  In the last two weeks we've toured six possible wedding venues.  Since the engagement we've looked at wedding rings, trolled theknot.com multiple times, confirmed a musician and an officiant, made a tentative guest list, picked colors, invited our wedding attendants, agreed on the style and size of the wedding, and almost settled on a date.  I've tried on three dresses and have an appointment with a bridal salon tomorrow.  Whew!!  My head has been spinning, and now that I put in words all we've already done I understand why.  Even though our wedding is probably a year away, we really rode the wave of excitement and got a lot accomplished.  Nathan and I are the type of people who like details and thoroughness, so planning far in advance gives us plenty of time to discuss opinions, try new ideas, and save money.  I like our system of sharing a Dropbox folder so we never miss a link or picture for the wedding that one may find and want to share with the other.

Since I'm going back to school on Monday it's nice to know we've already thought out a lot so I can primarily focus on non-wedding priorities for awhile.

No comments: