June 17, 2011

Keep Walking On

Happy Friday!  I am definitely in a "T.G.I.F." mood!  My supervisor was on vacation this week, and it was up to me to keep our front desk manned (er, womaned? :-p).  Since summer session classes are few compared to the regular year, things have gotten a little lonely here.  And then, I've gone home and pretty much watched TV by myself or slept every evening.  But Friday is here, and tomorrow I have plans I am quite excited about, and then Sunday will be busy as well.  Yay for summer weekends!

I didn't adjust too well at the end of May/beginning of June going from a very busy schedule of rehearsal and classes and studying and work and social obligations to, well...almost none of those things.  I got downright depressed and moody for about a week, actually.  However, a few exciting things did come along the way, including:

~my day spent as a movie extra!
~elections for our Phi Theta Kappa chapter (I am now Alpha Rho Psi's president for 2011-2012.)
~being team captain for Alpha Rho Psi's Relay for Life fund raiser (I organized all our logistics, stayed up all night, walked the track for hours, and we raised over $1500 and counting!)
~wearing dresses and shorts again in public and feeling completely normal about it :-D

This morning my good blogging friend Yelena had a post that greatly encouraged me.  Contentment and patience and future plans have been something weighing heavily on both myself and Boyfriend lately.  Yelena's post reminded me that life never does turn out "perfectly" or the way we plan it, but if we have faith and patience, it will turn out perfectly as designed for us as individuals.  Check out "God, Why Did This Happen To Me?" if you have the time. :-) Also, Yelena's other recent entries will take your breath away as she is chronicling her tour of London!

I hope that wherever you are reading this from there is some beautiful sunshine you can go out and enjoy!  And if not, make sunshine wherever you go. ;-)

found on weheartit.com

3 comments:

Niki said...

amen, sister!

J.Ashley said...

yay!

Yelena said...

first of all, thank you so much for the shout out! I'm so glad you enjoyed that post. It's something I struggle with personally and really needed to put it down in words, and physically let go of any expectations I have for my life and just give it over to God, but it's a never ending process, so it seems! :)

Congratulations on all your accomplishments! that's so exciting! I'm sure you will do an amazing job as a leader, as clearly evident by the amazing sum of money you raised for Relay for life! good job, girly! :)

and i totally get you on the funky mood - since getting back from london and having a week downtime before going back to work i've been so out of it. part of it is jet lag, but mostly its the lack of things to do and nonstop busy days! but hopefully it will pick up soon! :)